PreTreatment ChemicalChemWorld Q-ALK-PC - Pretreatment Chemicals - For new water system start ups. Q-ALK-PC is part of ChemWorld 101 Cooling Startup kit.
Why should I pretreatment my new water system?
The cleaning of water systems for oil and grease removal is very important as these contaminants can cause severe loss of heat exchange capacity. In addition, the areas of deposition are excellent sites for corrosion cells to form and places where microbiological growths can breed and multiply causing severe fouling problems. Thus, new systems must be cleaned to remove oils, greases, and foulants that may remain on the system surfaces after processing and erection.
Also, if these systems become contaminated while in service due to process leaks or other contamination, these deposits should be cleaned as quickly as possible to prevent the aforementioned problems. The program and product recommended was been developed specifically to ensure all the common metallurgies found in these systems (carbon and stainless steels, iron, copper and copper alloys, aluminum, galvanizing, etc.) are not affected by the cleaning.
How do I use this product?
Prior to cleaning, the system should be flushed to remove as much loose and/or suspended matter as possible. In an operating system, this can be accomplished by blowdown and being careful to add makeup to replace the water lost by blowdown. Then the procedure can be initiated:
- Where possible, heat the water in the system to 130 to 180 F. Heating speeds the reaction and reduces the time and/or the concentration of the cleaning solution required to clean the system.
- Add Q-ALK PC at the rate of 0.5-1.0% (i.e. 0.5-1.0 gals./100 gals. water contained in the system).
- If the system water is heated to the recommended temperature, cleaning should be completed in 12-24 hours. Where heating is not possible, the solution can be safely circulated in the system for several days.
- The system should now be drained and flushed with plain water until the flushing remains clear. If the cleaning is done while the system is in operation, the flushing may be done by blowing down heavily while refilling at the same time.
- When the system has been thoroughly flushed, immediately charge it with the standard treatment package.
This product is part of ChemWorld 101 Cooling Startup kit. This one-click purchase kit includes the following:
- One 5 gallon pail of ChemWorld Q-ALK-PC - This product is required to clean the debris and greases prior to startup.
- One 5 gallon pail of ChemWorld 1334 - ChemWorld 1334 is scale and corrosion control cooling tower chemical. After startup, you can perform testing of your water hardness and alkalinity and we can tune in your exact chemical for long-term protection.
- One 5 gallon pail of ChemWorld 56 - ChemWorld 56 is a 12.5% sodium hypochlorite product that is required to kill bacteria. This is the cheapest easiest product to get your system up and going, you can convert to tablets or a stabilized bromide product after startup.
- One LakeWood 140 Cooling Tower Controller - You will need to set the controller to feed and bleed the cooling tower water to maximize cycles and to minimize chemical usage rates. An optional dual biocide water treatment can be implemented after startup. This is model 1239597 (which is board mounted unit that has the flow assembly on the left).
- One 1167435 Cooling Tower Blowdown Valve (1" NPT) - This will be required when the cooling tower calls to release cooling tower water.
- Two Stenner 45MHP10 Adjustable Head Pumps - One pump is required for the corrosion/ scale prevention chemical and for the biocide. Each pump is rated to 100 psi, which should be enough to feed the chemical into the system. The ideal spot to feed the chemical is into the return header of the cooling tower. These Stenner Pump kits come with chemical injection valves that will allow for quick injection of each chemical into the sidestream water loop that is used to monitor the cooling tower conductivity.
- One complete CWTK-200 Cooling Water Treatment Test Kit. This kit contains every test you will need to set up and fine tune your water treatment program.
- One Chemical Metal Test Station Cabinet - You need to keep your test kits and lo sheets in one clean location. This test kit is ideal for cooling towers. Items in the photo of test kit not included.
- Sodium Polyphosphate (68915-31-1): 10 to 15%
- Phosphoric Acid (7664-38-2): 5 to 10%
- Hydroxyphosphonoacetic Acid (71050-62-9): 1 to %
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.