Boiler Condensate TreatmentWhat is ChemWorld 1888?
ChemWorld 1888 is a steam treatment chemical commonly referred to as amines. The three types of amines are cyclohexylamine, morpholine, and diethylaminoethanol (DEAE). Blends of the chemicals are commonly used. ChemWorld 1888 is a tri-blend amine and ideal for use in most steam boiler systems.
Why are Steam Treatment Chemicals used?
They are primarily used to increase the condensate pH. Low pH in condensate systems will lead to excessive corrosion and result in steam leaks and condensate leaks.
What chemical is recommended for the Treatment of Steam?
ChemWorld 1888 is a blend of cyclohexylamine, morpholine, and diethylaminoethanol (DEAE) neutralizing amines for use in a wide range of boiler condensate systems. ChemWorld 1888 is designed for extensive condensate systems having short and long steam distribution lines. The amine distribution ratios cover a wide range to provide good protection for all parts of these systems. ChemWorld 1888 is normally used in combination with other treatment chemicals to provide a complete program.
What are the benefits of ChemWorld 1888?
This product will improve boiler reliability and cleanliness while protecting the condensate piping from corrosion. It is also designed to protect all areas of extensive condensate systems.
How do you feed amines?
ChemWorld 1888 is normally fed continuously to the system being treated. However, shot feeding may be satisfactory in some circumstances. The product may be fed neat but is most often mixed in a chemical feed tank with the other materials required to complete the program. Good quality condensate, softened water, or feedwater should be used. This product should be injected near the center of the steam header with a retractable chemical injection quill. We always recommend automation by using a boiler conductivity controller.
What material of construction should be used when feeding this chemical?
All materials of construction making contact with the concentrated form of this chemical such as tanks, pumps, piping, and valves should be made of stainless steel or polyethylene.
What test should be performed to monitor the chemical performance?
ChemWorld 1888 is normally controlled by a pH test on the return condensate. For extensive distribution systems, samples should be taken from various points in the system at least until it can be assured the desired distribution of the amine is being achieved.
How should this product be handled?
Keep in a tightly closed container. Store indoors. Recommended storage temperature is 50 F - 105 F. Do not reuse container. Dispose of empty containers in compliance with federal, state/provincial and local laws and regulations.
What environmental, health, and safety?
For detailed information, consult the material safety data sheet (SDS).
What boiler test should I use on this chemical?
Monitor the condensate pH with pH test strips
For new steam boiler startups, consider purchasing our Steam Boiler Startup Kit.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at email@example.com with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.