Glycol Corrosion InhibitorChemWorld SR1 Glycol Corrosion Inhibitor.
- 5 gallons converts 138 gallons of pure 99.9% Propylene Glycol into a 95% solution of Inhibited Propylene Glycol.
- 5 gallons of ChemWorld SR1 will protect 690 gallons of 20% glycol solution from corrosion.
- This protect may be ordered in clear or in pink form.
- This product is not approved for use in Food and Beverage facilities.
- For food and beverage facilities applications, use Chemworld 811.
- 55 gallons of ChemWorld SR1 will protect 7,500 gallons of 20% glycol solution. 1 gallon of ChemWorld SR1 will protect 140 gallons of 20% glycol solution from corrosion.
- For applications such as the working fluid in a water jet cutting machine or a high pressure washer the maximum dilution is 1:200 or 0.005% dilution rate.
My customer had one of his chillers running +42F with regular water and it stuck in the "ON" position and nobody caught it. The chiller burst. He has several chillers in the building and may convert them all to glycol, or may only convert just the one. The chiller that burst holds 25 gallons with 5 gallons of piping capacity is 30 gallons. He wants to add 5 gallons of your Inhibited Propylene Glycol to give him an approximate 15F to 17F burst protection. My concern is that he will be running less than 30% glycol and won't have enough inhibitor level. How much SR1 would I need to add to bring the inhibitor up to where it should be? I could always tell him to add 10 gallons of glycol to make 30%, but don't want to hurt his heat exchange capacity, that is why I was thinking SR1. It is an "open" chilled water system where a Nitrite based inhibitor may convert to Nitrate and therefore be ineffective. Ideally, this product is designed to be used in a closed loop. If the open loop has evaporation, you will need to add the product on a continuous basis based on how much water blowdown is required to prevent the system from scaling. If it is an open loop with no evaporation, it technically is a closed loop and you can use the product. For a 30 gallon virgin PG system, you need roughly 1 gallon on SR1 corrosion inhibitor.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.