Legionella Test Kits
Why It Works:
- The Legionella is fast, easy to use, accurate and can be used anywhere, removing the need to transport a sample to a lab.
- While a positive result is bad news, it is better to know immediately so that you can take remedial action, prevent infection, protect staff and clients and consequently your reputation and business.
- Imagine if your system was infected and you did not know. Without a rapid test, your uncertainty will continue for 10-14 days waiting for laboratory results. During this time you may continue to expose your staff/public or have to shut down facilities to prevent exposure.
- Once you have taken remedial action, you can use our test to check the impact. Our test will let you know in 25 minutes if there is still a problem.
- Effective remedial action should completely remove all traces of bacteria from your system within 24 hours giving a negative test result on the test.
- By detecting antigen, rather than relying on culture cells, our test may give a better warning of Legionella growth within a system.
- Test Kits have an 18 months shelf life from manufacturer (stored at room temperature (<30C) in original packaging).
- These Test Kits should not be used as the sole method for assessing the presence of Legionella. If results with this rapid test indicate the presence of Legionella, then confirmation with a laboratory culture test is essential.
- Download Product Literature today.
- View complete technical specifications, details for each kit and product video.
System Test Kit
Does the single test come with any Analysis report for the results? No, the single test is not that type of test. The result will be a reliable positive/negative reading which should be followed up by in-depth lab-style testing in case the test result comes back positive.
Does the single legionella test conform to ISO11731?
The Legionella tests we offer are not ISO 11371. However, these tests are validated under ISO 17994, see below for more information:
The guidelines are based on the international standard ISO 11731. In fact, in the UK the Approved Code of Practice and guidance for the control of Legionella bacteria in water systems (ACOP L8) only supports the use of the method described in this standard, whose use is mandatory in the Legionella tests made for cooling towers.
In the new Part 2 guidelines for hot and cold water systems, ACOP introduces the use of alternative testing methods in so far as they are validated with the ISO 17994: Water quality ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Criteria for establishing an equivalence between microbiological methods.
The ISO 17994 describes criteria for establishing a statistical equivalence between microbiological methods to compare the results obtained by one method with those results obtained by the reference method (in this case the ISO 11731). Since the ISO 11731 is based on counting CFU (colony-forming units), any other method of detection or quantification of any other Legionella property/units (e.g. the DNA ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ expressed in GU, Antigen, etc.), will give a different number and therefore cannot be defined as equivalent, even if these methods have been proven to detect Legionella better than the reference method.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.