Ethylene Glycol Test KitEthylene glycol and propylene glycol are the primary ingredients in commercially- available antifreezes. They are used with various corrosion inhibitors to protect metal surfaces in cooling water systems. Measures 1 to 15 ppm as Ethylene Glycol. Dilute the sample for higher ranges. Note in order to prepare the A-4401 activator you will require 15 ml of distilled water.
- Fill the sample cup to the 20 mL mark with the sample to be tested.
- Add 5 drops of A-4400 Activator Solution. Cap the sample and shake it to mix the contents well.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Add 6 drops of A-4401 Activator Solution and 4 drops of A 4402 Activator Solution. Cap the cup and mix the contents well.
- Place the ampoule, tip first, into the sample cup. Snap the tip. The ampoule will fill leaving a bubble for mixing.
- To mix the ampoule, invert it several times, allowing the bubble to travel from end to end.
- Dry the ampoule and wait 12 minutes for the color to develop.
- Obtain a test result by placing the ampoule between the color standards until the best color match can be found.
- If the color is to dark, dilute initial sample with deionized water and repeat 1- 7. Multiple step 8 by the dilution (Example: If you dilute the product by 50%, multiple the answer by 2.)
Will the Ethylene Glycol Test Kit let me know if the Glycol is Ethylene or Propylene? No, the K-4815 can not differentiate between the two Glycols.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at email@example.com with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.