Taylor K-1549SChemWorld is a distributor of Taylor Technologies Test Kits and Reagents. Order directly online and save today.
DROP TEST CHLORIDE (1 drop = 10 ppm)
COMPONENTS: 1 x 5400 Instruction 1 x 9198O Sample Tube, Graduated, 25 mL, plastic w/cap and orange dot 1 x R-0630-C Chromate Indicator, 2 oz, DB 1 x R-0638O-C Phenolphthalein Indicator (orange cap), 2 oz, DB 1 x R-0706-C Silver Nitrate Reagent, 2 oz, DB 1 x R-0736O-C Sulfuric Acid .6N (orange cap), 2 oz, DB.
NOTE: When sulfite content of sample water to be tested exceeds 10 ppm, the sulfite should be oxidized to prevent interference in test. A 25 mL water sample is first adjusted to the appropriate pH, then 1 mL (or 24 drops) of R-0649 Hydrogen Peroxide Solution 3% (sold separately) is added and throughly mixed. Continue with the rest of the procedure.
1. Rinse and fill 25 mL sample tube (#9198O) to 25 mL mark with water to be tested.
NOTE: For results in grains per gallon (gpg), fill to 14.6 mL mark.
2. Add 2 drops R-0638O Phenolphthalein Indicator. Swirl to mix. If colorless--proceed to Step 3. If pink, add R-0736O Sulfuric Acid .6N dropwise, swirling after each drop, until color changes from pink to colorless.
3. Add 5 drops R-0630 Chromate Indicator. Swirl to mix. Sample will turn yellow.
4. Add R-0706 Silver Nitrate Reagent dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from yellow to a milky salmon (brick) red. Always hold bottle in vertical position.
NOTE: Do not add enough R-0706 Silver Nitrate Reagent to give a brown color. First change from yellow to a milky salmon (brick) red is the endpoint.
5. Multiply drops of R-0706 Silver Nitrate Reagent by 10. Record as parts per million (ppm) chloride. For 14.6 mL sample, record drops of R-0706 Silver Nitrate Reagent as grains per gallon (gpg) chloride.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.