Taylor K-1546ChemWorld is a distributor of Taylor Technologies Test Kits and Reagents. Order directly online and save today.
DROP TEST PERACETIC ACID (0-1000 ppm)
COMPONENTS: 2 x 4030 Pipet, Calibrated 0.5 & 1.0 mL, plastic w/cap 1 x 4078 Pipet, Graduated, 3 mL (0.5 mL div.), plastic 1 x 5015 Instruction 1 x 9198 Sample Tube, Graduated, 25 mL, plastic w/cap 1 x R-0925 PAA Reagent #1 1 x R-0926 PAA Reagent #2, DB 1 x R-0927 PAA Reagent #3 1 x R-0928 PAA Reagent #4, DB 1 x R-0929 PAA Titrating Solution, DB.
NOTE: This test determines peracetic acid concentrations in systems treated with products that contain only peracetic acid (up to 20%) and hydrogen peroxide (up to 30%) as the active ingredients. The Product Factor (PF), calculated below, represents the peracetic acid in the treatment product and is used to determine the appropriate sample size for the test and to calculate the peracetic acid concentration in the system. The percentages of peracetic acid and hydrogen peroxide needed to calculate the PF may be found on the treatment product label, MSDS, or Certificate of Analysis.
Treatment Product Used ____________
Percent Peracetic Acid = __________
Percent Hydrogen Peroxide = _________
A = Percent Peracetic Acid _______________________ = ___________ = ______________
B = Percent Hydrogen Peroxide ____________________ = ___________ = ____________
PF = A -------------------
_____ = + = _________________
1. Select sample size from the chart below that corresponds to the peracetic acid treatment range and calculated Product Factor (PF):
Product Factor 0-10 10-100 100-300 300-1000
ppm ppm ppm ppm
up to 0.15 25 mL 2.5 mL 1.0 mL ---
0.15 - 0.3 25 mL 5.0 mL 2.5 mL 1.0 mL
0.3 - 0.5 --- 10 mL 2.5 mL 1.0 mL
2. Rinse and fill 25 mL sample tube (#9198) to selected sample size with water to be tested.
NOTE: For 1 mL and 2.5 mL samples, use a 3.0 mL pipet (#4078) to collect and add desired sample to a clean, dry 25 mL sample tube.
3. Using a 1.0 mL pipet (#4030), add 0.5 mL R-0925 PAA Reagent #1. Swirl to mix.
4. Add 5 drops R-0926 PAA Reagent #2. Swirl to mix. Sample will turn a straw to yellow color if product is present.
5. Using another 1.0 mL pipet, add 0.5 mL R-0927 PAA Reagent #3. Swirl to mix. Wait 15 seconds.
6. Add 5 drops R-0928 PAA Reagent #4. Swirl to mix. Sample will turn deep blue.
7. Add R-0929 PAA Titrating Solution dropwise, swirling to mix thoroughly and counting after each drop, until color just changes from blue to colorless. Always hold bottle in vertical position.
8. Using the equation below, calculate peracetic acid concentration: PAA = Drops R-0929 x 100 (_____________ x PF) Sample size Record as parts per million (ppm) Peracetic Acid (w/v)
NOTE: To convert peracetic acid (w/v) to (w/w), multiply ppm peracetic acid (w/v) by the specific gravity of the treatment product found on the product's label, MSDS, or Certificate of Analysis.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.