Sodium Molybdate Dihydrate CrystalsWhat is Sodium Molybdate Dihydrate?
Sodium Molybdate is an excellent metal corrosion protection chemical. ChemWorld offers a selection of corrosion inhibitors specially developed to treat closed recirculating water systems. This product is sold in 50 pound containers. Due to the recent price increases with molybdate, more cost effective corrosion inhibitors are now used. To verify the residual in the water system, use a molybdate test kit.
ChemWorld offers a selection of corrosion inhibitors specially developed to treat closed recirculating water systems. Corrosion inhibitors are chemicals that react with a metallic surface or the environment to which it is exposed, primarily for protection. It works by adsorbing itself onto the surface and forming a film. Inhibitors are usually prepared in a solution or dispersion. Inhibitors delay corrosion by:
- Reduction of ion movement to the metallic surface
- Increase of anodic or cathodic polarization behavior
- Increasing the electric resistance of the metallic surface
One of which is through passivation, or the formation of a thin film on the surface of a material. It inhibits contact of the corrosive substance, thus, preventing either oxidation or reduction. For materials that are already corroding, an inhibitor can act by either adsorption, which is molecular adhesion on the surface of a metal, or scavenging, which is inactivation of the dissolved oxygen. Molybdate corrosion inhibitor is developed for closed cooling water systems and has replaced older kinds of inhibitors like chromate. It is formulated with ingredients that protect steel, copper, and copper alloys. It cleans and protects the cooling system by coating the surface with a protective film. Product is suitable for power plants, blast furnaces, casting mills, and chemical plants
Sodium Molybdate corrosion inhibitor can now be purchased on ChemWorld. The product is available in different quantities and can be delivered for free. Order now! Product Feed and Control: Molybdate corrosion inhibitor is fed neatly from the shipping container. The product can be mixed with water in any ratio. Feeders, piping, and valves should be made of steel, polyethylene, or PVC. Treatment control ranges vary depending on system operating conditions. It should be used with soft water to avoid calcium phosphate deposition.
Sodium Molybdate corrosion inhibitor is controlled with a nitrite test and should be handled by a technical specialist who will provide specific treatment control levels. Storage and Handling: Keep product in a tightly closed container. Store in a room with a temperature range of 10 - 40C (50-100F) and keep product away from direct sunlight. Do not reuse empty containers but dispose of them in compliance with existing federal laws.
"Corrosion Inhibitors Classification."Corrosion Science and Engineering Information Hub. Kingston Technical Software, n.d. Web. 22 Feb. 2012.Are the sodium molybdate crystals water soluble? Yes, they are water soluble.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.