Aluminum Corrosion InhibitorIdeal for minimizing corrosion in boiler systems with Aluminum heat exchangers.
ChemWorld 851AL is a closed water system treatment program in liquid form designed to meet the conditions required by aluminum boilers and heat exchangers. The product contains a combination of nitrite, nitrate, molybdate, and azole formulated to minimize corrosion. ChemWorld 851AL can be used in both hot and cold systems. It is compatible with glycol heat transfer fluids.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Controls corrosion.
- Helps maintain system pH within specified limits for aluminum metallurgy.
- Extends equipment life.
- Improves overall equipment efficiency.
- Protects multiple metallurgies.
ChemWorld 851AL is normally shot fed. The product is normally added directly from the shipping container. Feeders, piping, and valves should be made of steel, polyethylene, or PVC. Treatment control ranges vary depending on system operating conditions. ChemWorld 851AL is controlled by a molybdate test. The technical specialist servicing the facility will provide specific treatment control levels based on system conditions. Due to variations in makeup water pH, it may be necessary to occasionally adjust system pH. Neutralizer AL is used for this purpose.
This product should be fed at 1650 to 3300 ppm in the closed loop water.
Residuals should be controlled at 100 to 200 ppm NO2 with a nitrite test kit or at 24 to 48 ppm MO with a molybdate test. Maintain pH at 6.5 to 8.0 with pH water strips.
We have boilers with aluminum heat exchangers and iron piping. We have to keep the pH between 6.0 and 8.5. We were told to add sulfamic acid to drop the pH, but it consumes the nitrites. Suggestions?
For aluminum containing closed loop systems, we recommend feeding a product like our Chemworld 851AL. This product is a nitrite/molybdate blend designed specifically for systems containing aluminum. The key to treating aluminum closed loops is to control the pH in the 6.5 to 8.0 range.
If needed, pH reduction can be achieved using our Neutralizer AL (boric acid) product. For highly buffered applications or applications with high alkalinity citric acid may be needed to control the pH (Our Q-CID C). We do not recommend using Sulfamic Acid for pH control in a closed loop.
55-gallon Product Removal
For easy product removal, consider adding a 55-gallon drum dolly to disperse your glycol from 2" bung faucets into 5-gallon pails, a hand pump, or Drum Pump.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.