Boiler Rust InhibitorWhat is a ChemWorld 2338D?
ChemWorld 2338D is designed to minimize corrosion to hot water boiler and chiller systems. ChemWorld 2338D is pink in appearance. ChemWorld 2338 & 2338D are closed water system treatment programs designed to treat hot and chilled water systems. The product contains a combination of nitrite, borate, and silicate formulated to minimize corrosion and deposition. The product comes in a clear and pink appearance form. This product is not intended for use in steam boilers. This product is compatible with propylene glycol.
How much chemical do I have to add to my system?
55 Gallons treats roughly 10,000 gallons of fresh water. Below is an easy to use the chart for determining the amount of Boiler Rust Inhibitor required for new systems.
|Gallons of Product Required||Gallons of Water|
9,625 to 13,750
875 to 1,250
350 to 500
175 to 250
Residuals of this product can be monitored with a nitrite test kit or nitrite test strips.
For critical hot water applications, we recommend monitoring the boiler water pH and conductivity as a reference in case future problems occur.
For easy product removal, consider adding a 55-gallon drum dolly to disperse your inhibitor from 2" bung faucets into 5-gallon pails or hand pump the product from the 55 gallon drum.We buy and use the above mentioned Product and try to maintain a Nitrite level of about 1300ppm on our Commercial Steam Boilers but some of our boiler controllers seem to get corroded and leak after about 6 months to a year. My questions are: Are we using the correct chemical? Are we maintaining the correct reading? And if weÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂre what are your recommendations to stop our present issues so we donÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt have to replace these components so often?
A steam boiler with low makeup up water can be treated like a hot water boiler and 2338 will work fine. If your steam boiler doesnÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt return a lot of condensate back to the boiler and you are adding more water, you need to be using a sulfite based product that removes the dissolved oxygen from the freshwater.
If thatÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂs the case Chemworld 1287 would be a better fit. With 1287 you just need any sulfite residual when testing the boiler water.
Can we add ChemWorld 2338 through a By-Pass feeder? Yes that is no problem. Our Chemworld 2338 can be fed through By-Pass Feeders.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at email@example.com with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.