Kathon Test KitThe new KATHON ( Isothiazolin) Microbiocide test kit enables the rapid and accurate measurement of active microbicide in a range of industrial cooling water applications. The test can be performed on-site at the cooling tower, eliminating the requirement to return the sample to a laboratory for evaluation. The KATHON kit has been designed to be simple and easily used by operators regardless of their experience.
Reagents for 50 test, Color Scale Disc, 2 Sample Cells, and Instruction Manual and Carrying Case included. Life of reagents are dependent on storage conditions.
- Add 4 drops of dK1 to an empty 10ml tube and fill to the 10ml mark with the sample. Cap the tube and shake to mix.
- Remove the cap and add 15 drops of dK2 to the test tube. Cap and invert gently to mix. Let it rest for 1 minute.
- Remove the cap and add 17 drops of dK3 to the test tube. Cap and invert gently to mix. Let it rest for 1 minute.
- Remove the cap and add 15 drops of dK4 to the test tube. Let it rest for 1.5 minutes.
- Remove the cap, and add 3 drops of dK5 to the test tube. Cap and invert gently to mix.
- Allow 10 seconds for color development. Then, looking down through the tube, with the cap removed, compare the color produced in the tube to the color standards printed on the comparison chart. Match to the nearest standard and read off the corresponding concentration value as Isothiazolone in mg/l (ppm).
Kathlon test kit SDS
2. Does the measurement of 7.5 mg/L count isothiazolin (either chlorinated or not), or does it count the chlorine only.
3. Will this detection system work with jet fuel, or does it need to be conducted in water only?
Does the Isothiazoline Test Kit differentiate between CMIT and MIT? No, it does not differentiate.
Does the kit detect Dipropylene glycol solvent? No.
Does the kit only count 7.5 mg/L of Isothiazolin (chlorinated or not) or only the chlorinated part? Chlorinated or not.
Will the test detect if the sample is jet fuel? It has not been tested in this matrix and the customer would have to check the efficiency.
One gallon containers of Boiler Antifreeze are Stocked & Shipped daily from Atlanta, Georgia; Detroit, Michigan; and Salt Lake City, Utah.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device