Bacteria DipslidesChemWorld Bacteria dipslide paddles. Come 10 per box. ChemWorld also provides Total Bacteria fungi/yeast and total bacteria dip slides. Dip slide technology permits the user to obtain an accurately count of total bacteria cells present in the sample tested.
1) Unscrew the cap and withdraw the cap and dip slide from the vial. Be careful not to touch the agar dip slide.
2) Dip or immerse the slide into the fluid to be tested, covering the agar for a minimum of three seconds.
3) Allow the excess fluid to drain from the slide. Remove remaining drops by gently shaking off the drops from the slide.
4) Screw the cap back on lightly and back off the cap a half of a turn. Incubate the vial in an upright position at 77 to 95 F. The dipslide should be examined in the plastic vial for growth 24 hours after the commencement of incubation and after a total of 48 hours of bacterial growth.
5) Compare counts to chart provided and record results.
I have purchased your Total Bacterial Dip Slides and have taken a sample out of my cooling tower and incubated it for 36 hrs. It looks to me like I have 19 colony-forming units. Most of the literature that I am reading is stating that I need to have less than 10,000 CFU/100 ml of sample. Is there a way for me to convert the dip slide reading to these units?
The dip slides measure in CFUs. If you count 19 colonies on the bacteria slide you check how it compares to the growth chart in the instructions. This would provide you an estimate of the bacteria level in your system and should be considered as a trend check. Some bacteria which may or may not be present in the sample may not grow on the agar, keep in mind that the dip slide is only a food source. Also, if the bacteria does not come in contact with the dip slide, it would not be present to grow on the slide.
So if I have 19 growths on my dip slide how many colony-forming units do I have per liter of water?
If the slide is dipped into the liter of water, it would only be coming into the contact with the bacteria where it was inoculated, not touching the sessile bacteria which may be living along the side of the container. Dip slides should be thought of as a trend check on bacteria levels. If you would want to know how much bacteria is present in a liter of water that would require a sample to be sent to a microbiologist who would run the sample and could provide a report. Dip slides are not that type of test.
I have a water well that I would like to test for bacteria what products would you recommend?
Our Chemworld 848 Dipslides is the right choice for a general bacteria test. If you are concerned about Legionella please refer to our Legionella Kits.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.