GlutaraldehydeThis Glutaraldehyde 45% solution is used in recirculating cooling water systems and closed loop systems to control microbial growth. The product is effective over a wide pH range against the microorganisms typically found in these systems. This product is:
- Good on fungi, fair on aerobic, anaerobic, and algae
- Excellent broad spectrum microbiocide
- Does not adversely affect cooling water treatment components
- Compatible with halogen biocides
- Dosing: 45 to 115 ppm maintenance dosage, max slug dosage is 225 ppm. Most water treatment applications base dosage on bacteria dipslide results.
- 1 gallon at 100 ppm dosage treats roughly 12,000 of water.
- Glutaraldehyde tests are available.
- This product is EPA registered in all 48 states. EPA Registered Number 464-704.
- AqucarTM is a trademark of Dow. This product is packaged in an approved EPA registered repackaging facility of DowTM.
- Due to all the continuous updates in regulations, the photo of the label above may change based on the current EPA and DowTM regulations and requirements.
15% or 45% Glutaraldehyde is the most common. This Glutaraldehyde is 45% in strength.
How do you feed Glutaraldehyde?
Glutaraldehyde is normally shot fed according to the label instructions. Glutaraldehyde is normally fed neat directly from the shipping container. Tanks, pumps, piping and valves should be made of stainless steel, polyethylene, or PVC.
How do you store Glutaraldehyde?
Keep in a tightly closed container. Store indoors. Recommended storage temperature is 50 F - 105 F. Do not reuse container. Dispose of empty container in compliance with federal, state/provincial and local laws and regulations. Refer to label for specific instructions.
What are the environmental, health, and safety concerns of this product?
For detailed information, consult the material safety data sheet (MSDS).
Where do I feed the Glutaraldehyde at?
For cooling water applications, feed the chemical directly into the main header of the water with a retractable kynar corporation valve or into a side stream loop with a kynar injection quill.
For new cooling tower startups, consider our ChemWorld 101 Cooling Startup Kit. This kit includes the following:
- One 5 gallon pail of ChemWorld Q-ALK-PC - This product is required to clean the debris and greases prior to startup.
- One 5 gallon pail of ChemWorld 1334 - ChemWorld 1334 is scale and corrosion control cooling tower chemical. After startup, you can perform testing of your water hardness and alkalinity and we can tune in your exact chemical for long-term protection.
- One 5 gallon pail of ChemWorld 56 - ChemWorld 56 is a 12.5% sodium hypochlorite product that is required to kill bacteria. This is the cheapest easiest product to get your system up and going, you can convert to tablets or a stabilized bromide product after startup.
- One LakeWood 140 Cooling Tower Controller - You will need to set the controller to feed and bleed the cooling tower water to maximize cycles and to minimize chemical usage rates. An optional dual biocide water treatment can be implemented after startup. This is model 1239597 (which is board mounted unit that has the flow assembly on the left).
- One 1167435 Cooling Tower Blowdown Valve (1" NPT) - This will be required when the cooling tower calls to release cooling tower water.
- Two Stenner 45MHP10 Adjustable Head Pumps - One pump is required for the corrosion/ scale prevention chemical and for the biocide. Each pump is rated to 100 psi, which should be enough to feed the chemical into the system. The ideal spot to feed the chemical is into the return header of the cooling tower. These Stenner Pump kits come with chemical injection valves that will allow for quick injection of each chemical into the sidestream water loop that is used to monitor the cooling tower conductivity.
- One complete CWTK-200 Cooling Water Treatment Test Kit. This kit contains every test you will need to set up and fine tune your water treatment program.
- One Chemical Metal Test Station Cabinet - You need to keep your test kits and lo sheets in one clean location. This test kit is ideal for cooling towers. Items in the photo of test kit not included.
For easy product removal, consider adding a 55-gallon drum dolly to disperse your glycol from 2" bung faucets into 5-gallon pails, a hand pump, or Drum Pump.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at email@example.com with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.