Boiler Oxygen ScavengerWhat is ChemWorld 1337?
ChemWorld 1337 is the most common oxygen scavenger in boiler water chemistry is sodium sulfite. This product is the most concentrated form of sodium sulfite at 38% solution at a 4 pH.
How does an Oxygen Scavenger work?
Oxygen Scavengers remove the dissolved oxygen in the makeup/feed water. Residuals of the oxygen scavenger should be maintained in the boiler water to protect against the metals from corrosion. Any residuals of sulfite means no dissolved oxygen is present in the boiler water. Extra sulfite residual provides added protection in case of upset conditions.
Where do should the Oxygen Scavenger be feed?
Ideally, this product should be fed the center of the deaerator storage side or feed water tank with a chemical injection quill.
What are the benefits of this product?
This product improves boiler system reliability and longevity by removing corrosive oxygen from the boiler feedwater and boiler water. The catalyst in this product increases sulfite reactivity. This product may be used with a 3 or 4 drum program or as a supplement to an "All in One" Boiler Chemical.
How should this product be stored?
Keep in a tightly closed container. Store indoors. Recommended storage temperature is 50 F - 105 F. Do not reuse container. Dispose of empty container in compliance with federal, state/provincial and local laws and regulations.
Are there any environmental, health, and safety concerns?
For detailed information, consult the safety data sheet (SDS).
|Sodium BiSulfite||7681-57-4||30 to 40%|
This product may also be ordered in 5 to 55 gallon containers or at 19% concentration and 7 pH. A 7 pH concentration oxygen scavenger may eliminate the need for a boiler ph booster chemical.
For new steam boiler startups, consider purchasing our Steam Boiler Startup Kit.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at email@example.com with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.