Boiler ChemicalIdeal for hard water conditions. Chemworld 1394 is an All-in-One All-Polymer internal treatment product. Chemworld 1394 includes polymer for deposit control, alkalinity builder for maintaining the boiler alkalinity, and sulfite for removing oxygen from the boiler water.
Chemworld 1394 does not include neutralizing amine which, if required, should be fed in combination with this product to maintain condensate quality. Chemworld 1394 is typically used in systems with make-up water that has not been softened.
This product is ideal:
- For gradual removal of existing boiler scale. Install a softener before using. If you do not stop new scale from entering, the problem will never go away.
- Feedrates: 1100 to 3300 ppm should be sufficient when specified operating conditions are met.
- Maximum feedwater hardness is 5 ppm as CaCO3 for minimum recommended treatment concentration.
- For those that want more details of control (but follow the directions below in order to keep it simple.) Keep "P' Alkalinity in the range of 300 to 600 ppm; sulfite (SO3) residual 20 to 40 ppm , and Make-up 'M' Alk = 15 to 50 ppm as CaCO3.
- For condensate returns > 60%.
- The easiest way to use this chemical is to monitor conductivity and sulfite.
ChemWorld 1394 is an all-in-boiler chemical. They are designed to make boiler chemical feeding and testing easy.
- Download our boiler testing logsheet and use it as a reference.
- Feed the chemical as far back into your steam boiler system (into the feed water tank, DA tank, or feed water line). This will ensure the metal as far back in the system is protected against corrosion.
- Keep a minimum of 20 ppm of sulfite residual (or use ASTM standards) on all active and idle boiler systems to reduce the risk of oxygen corrosion within your boiler. If you have excess product, it will raise your conductivity levels but will have no adverse effect on your boiler. You are just wasting chemical, water, and thermal energy within the water.
- If your boiler conductivity is too low, you are probably blowdown to much water or grossly overfeeding the chemical. Reduce blowdown and reduce chemical dosage and wait a few days. Allow the water to cycle up again within the boiler. Remember the purpose of your steam boiler system is to reuse water. Target a conductivity of 2,000 to 3,000 umhos (most steam boilers). For mid to large size steam boilers, we always recommend automation with a LakeWood Conductivity Controller. Using a Myron Meter is an easy way to verify your conductivity of your controller and boiler water.
- This chemical will add additional conductivity to your boiler water. Overfeeding will have no adverse effect to the boiler, but it will waste chemical and you will blowdown excess water. Conductivity is a measurement of dissolved solids, dissolved gases, and suspended solids.
- Add more product as needed based on sulfite residual in your boiler water, but remember to keep your conductivity in range or your sulfite reading will be irrelevant. Use a Sulfite Test Kit to verify your residual.
- Monitor the boiler water Hardness as a reference.
- This product needs to be added daily, bi-weekly, or weekly depending on how your systems operate. In theory, the more frequently you add it, the less you will use.
- The purpose of the chemical is to prevent corrosion and scale prevention. As long as you have any sulfite in the boiler water, it means you have no dissolved oxygen in the boiler water.
- If you have any other questions, please email us at email@example.com. Remember to keep it simple. This is an easy boiler chemical to use as long as you get it into the system, you maintain proper conductivity levels within the boiler, you have a good operating softener, and you periodically check that sulfite is in the boiler. Do not over complicate it.
Could you help with the recommended mix of the amount per volume of the system? We recommend a feedrate of 1100 to 3300 ppm. The rest varies depending on your water conditions. Please see refer the the usage instructions for more details.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.