Wood Boiler Corrosion Chemical32 oz container (smooth pouring bottle). Ideal for outdoor wood boilers. This is the best chemistry for your outdoor wood boiler.
- Easy to handle smooth pouring containers.
- Comes as an all in one blended chemical.
- Compatible with Mg anode rods.
- The tolytriazole provided corrosion protection of your bronze and copper pipes.
- The Silicate and borate for corrosion protection of your aluminum.
- The Nitrite provides superior corrosion protection for iron material such as lower grades of stainless steel or iron pipes.
- The red phenolphthalein Indicator tells you when your pH is in the range which makes testing not necessary. Simply add the product until your water turns a light pink color and YOU ARE DONE.
- You can also verify the chemical residual with test strips or a nitrite test kit.
- Check water redness every month to ensure you have not lost any water.
- The redness allows for easy leak detection.
- Glycol compatible.
- Product quality insured up to $3,000,000.
- ISO manufactured.
- Refresh with smaller order quantities.
- Store in a cool, dark area to minimize the damage to the Phenolphthalein.
- 32 oz treats 62 to 125 gallons of fresh water.
This chemistry was introduced to the market in 2008. We have sold over 10,000 units to independent wood boiler owners. ZERO defects, ZERO failures, ZERO complaints.
There are a lot of other chemicals on the market for wood boilers. Trust your chemistry to a Boiler Chemical company and not a wood boiler manufacture! We know chemicals, they know how to make boilers! This is the best corrosion control for your outdoor wood boiler!
What is ChemWorld 830?
ChemWorld 830 is a wood boiler chemical designed for minimizing corrosion to the outdoor wood boiler and wood boiler systems. It is a nitrite based product with silicate, tolytriazole, borate, and alkalinity.
What is a Wood Boiler Chemical?
When we say "wood boiler chemical" we mean a boiler chemical that is designed to protect all metals in your wood stove from corrosion (waterside corrosion protection).
Does ChemWorld have any customer references?
We have thousands of outdoor wood burning wood stoves using this product. We have never had a complaint. This product is 'Rock Solid' in this application! ChemWorld, as Qualichem Technologies, previously was the supplier to Heat Source 1 before they went bankrupt. We will still support your needs if you purchased our chemical and like all customers may purchase directly from us.
Can anyone purchase this product?
We sell directly to manufactures, distributors, and homeowners. Just order directly online and your order will ship today.
Will this product work in our outdoor woodstove?
Our Wood Boiler Chemicals are designed to work in all makes and models of outdoor wood furnaces and stoves.
What metals will this product protect?
This product is formulated to provide corrosion protection for copper, mild steel, aluminum, and low grades of stainless steel.
Can it be used in hard and softened water?
It may be used with either hard or soft water and is compatible with glycol anti-freezes.
Why is this product purple?
This product contains a "P" Indicator for ease of proper dosage detection (turns your water a light pink).
How much will 1 gallon of this product treat?
One gallon will treat 300 to 500 gallons of fresh water. For systems, > 300 gallons the pink may not appear. The product residual will protect your system even if it does not turn pink. The 'P' indicator used in this product is tied directly to the total alkalinity, so for low pH waters it may take more product to turn the water pink. If this is your case don't worry, passivation is more important then pH. You are fine.
How do I inject the chemical?
You may consider installing a small chemical pot feeder on larger systems.
What safety concerns should we have when handling this product?
Always obtain the MSDS and review it prior to ordering and handling the product.
How does this product ship?
ChemWorld 830 ships Fedex ground and conforms to all D.O.T. shipping regulations.
Where does this product ship from?
Ohio or Atlanta.
How do we store this chemical?
Keep in a tightly closed container. Store indoors. Recommended storage temperature is 50 F - 105 F. Do not reuse container. Dispose of empty containers in compliance with federal, state/provincial and local laws and regulations. If you store this product at a high temperature it will turn brown. It is still good, but the P Indicator is damaged.
What is the shelf life of the product?
If you store it in a cool room the product will last for 5 to 7 years. If it is stored in a hot room, the p Indicator will turn brown. The product is still good, but the indicator has been damaged.
How often should this product be replaced out in our woodstove water?
Every 5 to 7 years is ideal before nitrite converts to nitrate. If the pink fades away, use test strips or a nitrite sodium nitrite test kit to check nitrites levels.
Do I need need to dump my system every year?
No, stop throwing money away. You don't need to refresh your chemical every year or every other year. As long as you don't dump your water or lose the water you are fine. Just monitor the color or perform quick nitrite tests.
I test my boiler water and the PH is great, but the Nitrite is really high. Is that a factor that needs to be addressed? I have been adding 1 gallon every year ever since I have owned the boiler except this year.
You do not want to feed it every year. The chemical stays in the bulk water. When evaporation takes place pure H20 leaves the boiler and fresh water is added. Overfeeding the nitrite has no adverse effect. It is just added protection. You want to make sure you are not driving up the pH too high if you are overfeeding the chemical. High pH will increase corrosion rates on bronze materials. So keep the pH between 8 to 10.
You may consider dumping half the water and refilling. Try to keep a range of 600 to 2000 ppm of nitrite. Nitrite is a food source for bacteria development and if you have lots of it, it may become prone for bacteria development if it sits idle in the summer.
One gallon containers of Boiler Antifreeze are Stocked & Shipped daily from Atlanta, Georgia; Detroit, Michigan; and Salt Lake City, Utah.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.