Boiler Oxygen ScavengerWhat is ChemWorld 1537?
ChemWorld 1537 is the most common oxygen scavenger in boiler water chemistry is sodium sulfite. This product comes in various ph and concentrations.
How does an Oxygen Scavenger work?
Oxygen Scavengers remove the dissolved oxygen in the makeup/feed water. Residuals of the oxygen scavenger should be maintained in the boiler water to protect against the metals from corrosion. Any residuals of sulfite mean there is no dissolved oxygen is present in the boiler water. Extra sulfite residual provides added protection in case of upset conditions.
Where do should the Oxygen Scavenger be feed?
Ideally, this product should be fed the center of the deaerator storage side or feed water tank with a chemical injection quill.
What product is recommended for removing dissolved oxygen?
ChemWorld 1537 is a neutral pH sulfite (7.0 pH) solution which, when added to boiler feedwater, removes dissolved oxygen. An oxygen scavenger contains a catalyst that increases the rate of reaction with dissolved oxygen. By acting as an oxygen scavenger, ChemWorld 1537 is used to control corrosion and pitting caused by the presence of dissolved oxygen. Maintain a minimum of 20 ppm of sulfite always in the boiler water. A sulfite test is used to monitor residuals.
What are the benefits of this product?
This product improves boiler system reliability and longevity by removing corrosive oxygen from the boiler feedwater and boiler water. The catalyst in this product increases sulfite reactivity. This product may be used with a 3 or 4 drum program or as a supplement to an "All in One" Boiler Chemical.
How should this product be stored?
Keep in a tightly closed container. Store indoors. Recommended storage temperature is 50 F - 105 F. Do not reuse container. Dispose of empty containers in compliance with federal, state/provincial and local laws and regulations.
Are there any environmental, health, and safety concerns?
For detailed information, consult the safety data sheet (SDS).
For new steam boiler startups, consider purchasing our Steam Boiler Startup Kit.Will Oxygen Scavengers cause foaming if used as a boiler treatment? Possibly, if you are using a 10 pH oxygen scavenger it could cause foaming. But it typically comes more from too high of pH in the boiler water. We would check the boiler water's pH and stop feeding any alkalinity. Also, if you have any returned condensate check for contamination. ThatÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂs really the only two things that will cause foaming.
One gallon containers of Boiler Antifreeze are Stocked & Shipped daily from Atlanta, Georgia; Detroit, Michigan; and Salt Lake City, Utah.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at email@example.com with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device