Water Corrosion InhibitorWhat is a ChemWorld 2338D?
ChemWorld 2338 is designed to minimize corrosion to hot water boiler and chiller systems. ChemWorld 2338D is pink in appearance. ChemWorld 2338 & 2338D are closed water system treatment programs designed to treat hot and chilled water systems. The product contains a combination of nitrite, borate, and silicate formulated to minimize corrosion and deposition. The product comes in a clear and pink appearance form. This product is not intended for use in steam boilers. This product is compatible with propylene glycol.
How much chemical do I have to add to my system?
5 Gallons treats roughly 875 to 1,250 gallons of fresh water. Below is an easy to use chart for determining the amount of Boiler Rust Inhibitor required for new systems.
|Gallons of Product Required||Gallons of Water|
9,625 to 13,750
875 to 1,250
175 to 250
Residuals of this product can be monitored with a nitrite test kit or nitrite test strips.
For critical hot water applications, we recommend monitoring the boiler water pH and conductivity as a reference in case future problems occur.
Stocked in Atlanta, Georgia; Taylor, Michigan; and Salt Lake City, Utah.
I have a 1/2 ton chiller closed loop with a 7 gallon tank. I ordered ChemWorld 2338, how much do I need to add to the system? Approx. 5 ounces should be enough for that volume.
We use your 2338 chemical in our hot water heating system, which is a closed loop and temperature is 180 to 190 degrees fahrenheit. We use the acustrip test strips to check water and everything is good except we would like to bring our PH level up. The test strip always shows below 7.5 PH. Is there a chemical we can add just to bring PH up? As long as the Nitrite levels are right your system is protected. Our Chemworld 2338 passivates the metal so it's not in contact with the actual water. If you are concerned about the pH then you can add additional 2338 to the system to bring it up. It generally doesn't take much.
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at email@example.com with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.