Water Corrosion InhibitorWhat is a ChemWorld 2338D?
ChemWorld 2338 is designed to minimize corrosion to hot water boiler and chiller systems. ChemWorld 2338D is pink in appearance. ChemWorld 2338 & 2338D are closed water system treatment programs designed to treat hot and chilled water systems. The product contains a combination of nitrite, borate, and silicate formulated to minimize corrosion and deposits. The product comes in a clear and pink appearance form. This product is not intended for use in steam boilers. This product is compatible with propylene glycol.
How much chemical do I have to add to my system?
5 Gallons treats roughly 875 to 1,250 gallons of fresh water. Below is an easy to use the chart for determining the amount of Boiler Rust Inhibitor required for new systems.
|Gallons of Product Required||Gallons of Water|
9,625 to 13,750
875 to 1,250
350 to 500
175 to 250
Residuals of this product can be monitored with a nitrite test kit or nitrite test strips.
For critical hot water applications, we recommend monitoring the boiler water pH and conductivity as a reference in case future problems occur.
- Sodium Nitrite - Cas No: 7632-00-0: 10 to 20%
- Sodium Borate - Cas No: 12179-04-3: 1 to 5%
- Sodium Metasilicate, Pentahydrate - Cas No. 10213-79-3: 1 to 5%
- Sodium Hydroxide - Cas No: 1310-73-2: < 1%
We have a closed-loop cooling system with a mix of Aluminum, Copper, and Stainless cooling and/or piping materials. The materials are galvanically isolated from one another. For process reasons, we use deionize the water. I want to add a corrosion inhibitor and oxygen removal chemical(s). What do you recommend? We suggest just using ChemWorld 2338. You should not need a oxygen scavenger in a closed loop system unless your constantly adding fresh make up water with dissolved oxygen.
I am looking for something to add to our chiller loop that will clean the water and clean up the flowmeters from corrosion. What do you recommend? We typically do not not recommend removing rust from a closed loop system. We would rather you install a side stream filter (Neptune feeder) and filter the debris. Then use 2338D to prevent corrosion.
If you remove the rust you take the chance of creating a new problem if the rust is whatÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂs holding sections of the pipes together. You risk the chance of creating leaks at the unions or piping.
One gallon containers of Boiler Antifreeze are Stocked & Shipped daily from Atlanta, Georgia; Detroit, Michigan; and Salt Lake City, Utah.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Daily shipping cut off time is generally 1 pm, based on the local time zone for same day shipping. If you need this product to ship today, please indicate so in the notes section upon check out. We will email mail you ASAP if we can meet your demands.
Figure 1- Fedex Residential and Ground
Transit Time Map
- We only ship via FedEx ground. No UPS or USPS.
- We can not ship to PO boxes.
- This map illustrates service schedules in business days as of Dec 2016 for FedEx Ground shipments.
- ChemWorld is not responsible for delays due to weather or Fedex transit issues. Please take this into account when ordering.
- Orders must be received by noon.
- We only ship FedEx expedite shipments. No UPS or USPS.
- To calculate your costs, log into your FedEx Account. Origin zip code is 30144, 48180, or 84119.
- Order must be placed by noon.
- Order as normal through the website.
- If you have a FedEx Account number, enter it in the notes section during ordering with your exact shipping requirements (Next Day 8:30, Next Day 10:30, Next Day 20:00, Fedex 2 AM, or FedEx Express Saver). You are done. We will email you ASAP.
- If you do NOT have a FedEx Account number, we offer overnight delivery for this product. The cost is $60 for Next Day 10:30 AM per 1-gallon box. Enter your order as normal and enter your 3 or 4 digit security code in the notes section with your shipping requirements. You are done. We will email you ASAP.
If it is later then noon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will contact you ASAP. You can also call in the order at 800-658-7716 and reference exactly what you need. We will contact you.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device